The Purposes of SASD
- To promote and to provide leadership for the improvement and advancement of education for all Pre-K-12 schools in the state of South Dakota.
- To improve administrative leadership skills through on-going professional development programs.
- To improve educational funding and policies through active participation in the South Dakota legislative process.
The purposes of this organization shall be implemented by:
- Formulating comprehensive administrative structures that foster mutual interests to improve education on behalf of children.
- Unifying the professional efforts of member groups to enhance administrative leadership and improve education and enhance student achievement within the state.
- Establishing communications and encouraging cooperation among all groups of school administrators to improve education and student achievement.
- Improving the professional, economic and social value of Pre-K-12 education.
- Promoting educational research, publications and legislative initiatives to improve education and student achievement.
- Collaborating with concerned organizations to improve the overall quality of education in South Dakota.